Tuesday, February 21, 2012

REVIEW: Clean and Clear Finishes:Oil Free Mattifying Moisturizer [PICTURES TO BE ADDED LATER]

Hello!
Another review, finally!

So last year, I purchased the Clean&Clear mattifying moisturizer after seeing it on Casasanchez's Youtube channel. I have sensitive combination/oily skin and had a problem with having my makeup last through my long 12-13 hour days. So anything that helps keep the oils away sounds good to me!

(Please excuse the condition of the container, I threw it into my makeup bag and my eyeshadow got everywhere)

LIKE:
-Oil free
-UVA/UVB protection
-Quickly absorbs into the skin
-Relatively thin consistency

DISLIKE:
-White cast/lightening effect
-Does not live up to "all day shine control" claim (What product does, anyway?!)


Okay, so to keep this short and sweet, it works. Somewhat.
If you have light skin/light-medium and are looking for a simple moisturizer that won't give you a greasy feel, this is or you. You would be able to pop this on your face in the morning and not have to worry about anything else, like a normal moisturizer. Now for those of us with medium-tan/dark skin, we have to put in a little extra work. I find that this leaves a noticeable white-cast, or light color on the skin.
I feel that the product has been blended in well, but the white cast is still there. So I only use this I will be applying foundation on my skin to cover up the "lightening" effect.

 It leaves a smooth finish to the skin and keeps my oily skin matte for about 4-5 hours (alone) but that lightening effect just kills it for me. It's not a terrible product, but not something I'd be picking up again.
OVERALL: 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment