Wednesday, August 29, 2012

RAMBLE: MUFE's Waterproof Brow Corrector in No. 3... Too dark?

Hello everyone!
In a previous post of mine, I did a review on Make Up For Ever's Waterproof Brow Corrector in Shade 3.
Ooh Jay-Z, lookin fioooone!
From Cholafied, click for more 
chola madness

After months of using this product, I found that it can look a bit too dark if not carefully applied. Too-dark eyebrows can definitely be a bit aging and unnatural. There's a fine line between bold and beautiful brows to "sharpie-d on" black brows, and I think there have been a couple of situations in which I deffffinitely crossed the line onto drawn-on eyebrow land. To know how I use this product, read on!

I have dark brown/black hair and have found good staple products for a natural looking, long lasting brow. The colors I like to apply are ashy/grey browns; I definitely prefer them over the usual warm toned brown eyebrow products (exception would be the Milani Brow Tint Pen in Dark Brown).

To create my perfect brow shade, I mixed a dot of this product with my liquid/cream concealer from Revlon.
For long wearing, fade proof brows, I mix the brow correctorwith a lighter shade of MAC's Pro Longwear Concealer. So if you have purchased a shade of MUFE's brow corrector and find it to be applying a bit too dark, just dab in a bit of concealer/foundation and it should be good. :)

*Separate color correctors work great, too!
This works great for those of you with dark hair who are looking for a lighter shade of your current brow products that don't stray into the warm-brown products that dominate the market!


0 comments:

Post a Comment