Friday, December 31, 2010

REVIEW: Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer

Glamoflage Concealer (not blended)

Left: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC 35
Right: Hard Candy Glamoflage Concealer in Tan


I came across this product a couple of months ago and being on my drugstore concealer hunt, I figured that I'd give this a try.
So glad that I did.
This stuff is great; It reminds me of my trusty MAC Studio Finish Concealer (I'm an NC 35, got this product in the shade "Tan") coverage wise despite the different consistency. The Glamoflage concealer has more of a liquidy consistency, but leans more on the thicker side and in that case, would best be suited for covering discoloration and acne scarring, not for use underneath the eyes because it would accentuate any fine lines or wrinkles because of it's thickness. Can look a bit cakey, but I avoid that by applying it with a small blending brush which saves a lot of product but still gives a nice effect. It's very pigmented and gives just great color payoff. You also get a lot of product in the tube: 20g or 0.71 oz for $6. The downside to this is that there are only 3 shades out: Light, Medium, and Tan. Tan would be best for those at around an NC 35 skin tone <--MAC reference because so many people use MAC. I had to wait until I got a lot lighter to be able to use this because I was too tan over the summer. So for my tan/dark skinned ladies out there, sorry, you're gonna have to miss out on this one.

2 comments:

25FLONDON said...

This has been really helpful to be, being that I'm in the UK & am NC35!

Thanks for the great swatch!

E said...

No problem! Thanks for reading! :)

Post a Comment